75g caster (fine) sugar
1 can (397g) condensed milk
475 ml full cream milk
3 large eggs
1 vanilla pod or 4-5 drops of vanilla essence
1. To make the caramel, put the sugar into a 9″ Silverwood Savarin mould and heat low to medium fire until it dissolves and starts to caramelise – tip the mould from side to side as the sugar cooks to keep the colouring even. Take care not to burn the sugar – remove from the heat and carefully add a tablespoon of water and set aside until needed.
2. Pre-heat the oven 180⁰C (350⁰F/Gas 4).
3. Using a blender mix eggs, condensed milk, milk and vanilla until all the ingredients are well mixed together.
4. Pour the mix into the mould over the caramelised sugar and place in a roasting tin.
5. Pour enough hot water into the tin to come halfway up the sides of the mould. Cook in ban-marie for 45-1hr or until firm.
6. Allow to cool down before unmould. Loosen the edges of the pudding from the mould with a wet knife, place a plate on top of the mould hold it firmly and turn it upside down, rest the plate on the worktop and give a tap on the mould to help realise the pudding. Serve it cold